1. Graphic Overlay – Polyester is usually the material of choice due to its superior chemical resistance and flex life compared to polycarbonate. Pannam can either digitally print, screen-print, or employ a combination of both methods to ensure you get the right colors, textures and finishes your design requires.
2. Overlay Adhesive – This adhesive layer bonds the graphic overlay to the top circuit layer, and is typically an acrylic adhesive.
3. Top Circuit Layer – This is a 0.005″ – 0.007″ heat stabilized polyester printed with silver-filled electrically conductive inks and also dielectric inks.
4. Circuit Spacer – This layer separates the top circuit from the bottom circuit so the switch remains normally open until the keypad is pressed. The circuit spacer is a polyester spacer with adhesive on both sides.
5.Lower Circuit Layer – This is a 0.005″ – 0.007″ heat stabilized polyester printed with silver-filled electrically conductive inks and also dielectric inks. This layer terminates as a flexible tail that serves as the interconnect to controller PCBs or other electronics.
6. Rear Adhesive Layer – This adhesive layer bonds the entire membrane switch package to the product enclosure, housing, or to a rigid support panel. Pannam can specify the appropriate adhesive type and thickness to bond your membrane keypad to your equipment.
7. Rigid Support Layer – This optional layer can add structural integrity to the membrane switch assembly.